Accelerated Management Development Program
Are you a team player, willing to learn a business from the ground up?
Do you have previous management experience, and are looking for opportunities for growth?
Hajoca’s Accelerated Management Development Program is a fast-track to a long-term career in Management at Profit Centers across the country.
We are seeking candidates that can bring the “4 E’s” to the table: Work Ethic, Effort, Energy, and doing Extra. If you demonstrate those traits, we will help coach you through learning our business. We do not require industry experience or knowledge, just the right soft skills and willingness to learn. We will teach you the rest!
The Accelerated Management Development Program offers high potential candidates a hands-on mentorship experience and the opportunity to learn our business from the ground up. Over the course of 12 to 18 months, you will rotate through key areas of the business in order to prepare you for an eventual role as a Profit Center Manager.
What will your training look like?
- Deliveries and Truck Maintenance
- Vendor Product Knowledge Sessions
- Provide face-to-face, best-in-class customer service
- Build relationships with industry experts and homeowners
- Develop deep product knowledge
- Learn industry-specific computer programs
- Administration (cash/check handling, invoicing, and billing)
- Work with Residential, Commercial, and Repair/Remodel Contractors
- Shadow Showroom and Outside Sales
- Vendor Product Knowledge Sessions
- Pricing and Margin Management
- Bids, Quotes and Submittals
- Product Procurement
- Job Scheduling
- Develop Vendor Relationships
- Joint Sales Calls with Outside Salespeople
No development plan will be exactly the same for any of our trainees. Time spent in each phase may vary depending upon your skills, experience, and needs of the business. One thing that remains consistent is that you will be given every opportunity to meet and exceed your own expectations along the way!
Our goal is not just to develop strong teammates, but future leaders who will serve as Key Business Partners by running one of our businesses and achieving key goals.
Why join the Accelerated Management Development Program?
We offer Industry Expertise
Trainees will work with a team while progressing through three phases of training covering all aspects of operations, counter sales, and inside sales. Profit Center Managers, teammates, and customers will guide you through your world-class training experience, offering a wealth of knowledge in each of these areas.
We offer an Individualized Approach
Hajoca’s decentralized business model allows each location to run independently and each team has its own unique culture and dynamic. Likewise, our training programs are structured but individualized depending on your strengths and abilities, the needs of the business, size of your team, and the dynamics of the local market. For example, in a large Profit Center, teammates’ roles are likely to be more focused and specialized; in a small Profit Center, teammates have their hands in all aspects of the business, working cross-functionally on a daily basis. Throughout the program, there will be regular touchpoints with your mentor regarding your individual progress. As your appetite for learning changes, you will have the opportunity to work with your Manager to ensure that you are challenged daily.
On top of competitive base pay, Hajoca offers a rich benefits package including:
- Profit Sharing (Bonus) Opportunities
- Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Supplemental Life coverage
- Long Term Disability (LTD) coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Travel Accident coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Cash Account (RCA) Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Time
- Paid Parental Leave
To join our Accelerated Management Development Program, candidates must possess:
- 5+ years management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain quality relationships with employees, customers, and vendors
- Ability to interpret financial data to determine the success/failure of plans and take the appropriate action to adjust business plans to ensure success
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous Profit and Loss (P & L ) responsibility
- 4-year college degree
- Industry-specific experience and/or product knowledge (Plumbing, Industrial, HVAC, Pool and Waterworks Supplies).